9.10.10

The beginning of the story

With the film now in its final stages of production, it seems like a good time to start making regular entries here. Having viewed the "could-be-final" edit today, I feel really exited about the next part of the process - getting people to see the film and receiving their feedback. But where did the process start?

It's weird to think it, but it began about 10 years ago, while I was visiting London with my wife, Ruth. We were driving through the area where she had spent her latter childhood, and she was telling me about some of the places we were passing.
At one point, we drove by a bridge, and she said: "That's Suicide Bridge!" She explained that it was a bridge that many people had jumped from to their deaths, and hence it had acquired that name.

"Suicide Bridge". The title stuck in my head. The rest of the story would come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment